This week’s post is by Leah Kelley.
I am not a fan of winter, but I am a fan of cold-weather comfort food. Cold weather makes me want to eat chicken and dumplings with cherry cobbler for dessert. Here are some of my favorite comfort foods.
- Chicken and Dumplings ~ I especially love the fact that I can make these in the crock pot!
- Chili ~ I’m a fan of chunky chili, with lots of meat, lots of beans, and lots of tomatoes. I’ve recently started making black bean chili for my husband and it’s growing on me.
- Cobbler ~ When I think of comfort desserts this is at the top of my list. Blueberry and Cherry cobbler are my favorites. Not only is it delicious, it’s easy to make!
- Chicken Noodle Soup ~ I make some mean soup! I’ll share my easy recipe below.
- Broccoli Cheddar Soup ~ This is one of the times it’s completely okay to use Velveeta cheese. I’ve tried recipes with and without Velveeta and the recipes with it always win hands down.
We still have two months of winter left, so warm up your family with some comfort food favorites tonight!
Chicken Noodle Soup
- Shredded Rotisserie Chicken
- Diced Carrots
- Chopped Celery
- 2 Cartons of Chicken Broth or Homemade chicken broth
- Italian Seasoning
Throw all these in the crock pot and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high 4 hours. 30 minutes before you serve put in a cup of egg noodles. Remember noodles expand! I learned that the hard way.