Recently, I decluttered my whole entire house, including my kitchen. I realized that I owned a lot of kitchen gadgets that I rarely used. I was fortunate to be able to off-load some of them through my yard sale group on Facebook and made a few bucks in the process. Among the things I parted with were a wine bottle chiller that made too much noise, a tiny crock pot for dips that I never used, and a generic version of the Slap-Chop (also never used).
However, there are some handy kitchen tools that I love and would never part with! Here are some of my favorites.
- Magic Bullet Blender. When I first got one of these as a Christmas gift, I wasn’t terribly excited about it. However, when my coffee grinder broke, I realized the Magic Bullet had an attachment blade made for grinding. Now I use it at least once a day! I use it for smoothies, making homemade sweetened condensed milk, pureeing fruit for recipes, and of course, grinding my coffee beans. When mine recently died, I was excited to find someone who wanted to part with their never-used Magic Bullet for $15 with all of the accessories! Score!
- Garlic Press. I love fresh garlic and use it in many of my recipes, so this is indispensable for me! It makes mincing garlic a breeze.
- Tupperware Kitchen Shears. I bought these scissors almost ten years ago and they are probably the MOST used item in my kitchen. I use them to cut open packaging, trim herbs, even for cutting raw chicken. The most amazing thing is that I have never needed to have them sharpened. They are an investment at $50 a pair, but one that’s well worth it, in my opinion.
- Kitchenaid Mixer. Because I love to bake, my mixer gets a workout on a regular basis! Yes, the Kitchenaid brand isn’t cheap. However, it’s so well-made that I’ll still be using it to make cookies with my grandnieces and grandnephews!
- Misto Olive Oil Sprayer. This is my most recent acquisition. The Misto sprayer replaces your cooking sprays, which contain chemicals. Fill it with some olive oil and pump the top to build the pressure. It sprays on a nice even coat of olive oil (or other oil of your choosing) with no chemical propellants.
Now you know some of my favorite kitchen gadgets which help make meal planning easier for me. So tell me: What’s the one kitchen tool or appliance you can’t live without?