On April 17, 2012, Meijer made some changes to their coupon policy. Here’s a summary of them:
- You may NOT stack a paper manufacturer coupon with a Meijer M-Perks coupon.
- You may NOT divide your order into separate transactions to avoid the 2-coupon doubling rule.
- The coupon must be validated by the register. This could be an issue – if the coupon beeps because they don’t have it in their system, you could be denied the use of it. We’ll have to keep tabs on this to see if it becomes a major issue.
- Meijer now ACCEPTS COMPETITOR COUPONS!! This is a GREAT change!
On the whole, these changes are reasonable and I particularly like that they accept competitor coupons. Here is the Meijer coupon policy as it appears on their website:
Coupon Acceptance at Meijer Stores
Meijer accepts manufacturer, Catalina manufacturer, Meijer, Catalina Meijer, mPerks, internet, and competitor coupons within certain guidelines.
• Coupons must be presented on or before the expiration date
• All coupon terms and conditions must be met and validated by the checkout register
• Customers may use one manufacturer coupon (paper or digital) per item.
• Customers may also combine one manufacturer coupon per item with applicable Meijer coupon(s) where allowed under coupon redemption terms.
• Transactions cannot be broken up to avoid coupon stacking restrictions
• Separate checklanes will not be opened or designated for customers with large coupon orders
• Manufacturer coupons and Catalina manufacturer coupons require the Customer to pay sales tax on the full retail amount
• Meijer, Catalina Meijer, and competitor coupons require the Customer to pay sales tax only on the discounted price
• Meijer will accept coupons from major competitors in each store’s trading area, for Grocery and or for Health and Beauty Care items
• Meijer will accept coupons from major competitors in each store’s trading area for General Merchandise items only if the competitor’s price point is included. The item must be the identical item on the coupon for the match to occur.
• Meijer does not accept competitor coupons for beer, wine, liquor, cigarettes, double and triple coupons, clearance, percent off, total trans- action discounts, special promotions, gift card promotions, limited quantity items, mail-in rebate offers, and going out of business sales
• Meijer reserves the right to limit coupon quantities and to determine the order of application of multiple coupons and/or promotions